Saturday, February 17, 2007

Ain't me mam luvly?!


Just thought id share a pic of the lovely flowers i walked into my room to find on valentines day from my dear mummy!
Spent this afternoon in a bear costume... including 4 paws and a head = very limited vision and rather hot and itchy! Great fun though, giving out doughnuts - dont ask - was an outreach thing for church - all very random - good... although two kids started crying when they saw the bear and ran behind their mums! Was very touched when an older guy called Stephan that goes to my church gave me a hat and huge hug today - he's brilliant! Used to be a homeless guy in Leeds and then became a christian when he met some guys from Mosaic (my church) - he cant read or write and is quite simple in that sense but is the most enthusiastic guy at church, helps with everything and knows everyone! He reminds me a bit of some of the folk in Trapia - especially the way he shouts out during the sermon giving his point of view on what the preacher's saying!
Off to play poker (not for money...) now with block mates - which i love but, bc i refuse ever to give up and sit out for a round if i have a bad hand, im not very good at it!

4 Comments:

Blogger Poverty to Prophet said...

You reminded me of a guy that used to be in my church when I was a Pastor. He shouted out if he agreed or disagreed and I wasn't too gracious at times. Mainly because I was young and would loose my thread. I find people who simply love jesus and are free to be themselves are so special. Would loved to have see you in your bear suit! Big hug from Ben's family to you in Leeds.

5:54 pm  
Blogger timelord in the tardis said...

where are the pics of the bear????

7:15 pm  
Blogger D Baynham said...

You in a bear suit that I would love to see.

No one loves you like a Mother loves you.

12:49 pm  
Blogger D Baynham said...

About time you updated this blog, or have you given it up for Lent?

9:13 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home