Monday, November 20, 2006

Choices

I have been thinking quite a lot lately about choices, big ones but also small ones which seem hardly worth thinking about. But have realised is probably the small ones that make all the difference in the end when all put together…. Am not really making much sense… Anyhow, today read this which seems to sum up some of these choices and their consequences, made me think, it’s obvious from the outcome which is the best choice but if I were to look at my life now which would it seem like I wanted?? It amazes me how sometimes we know the right answer but is just so easy not to choose it! Anyhoo here it is, see what you think….

“Cursed is the strong one
who depends on mere humans,
Who thinks he can make it on muscle alone
and sets God aside as dead weight.
He’s like a tumbleweed on the prairie,
out of touch with the good earth.
He lives rootless and aimless
in a land where nothing grows.”

“But blessed is the man who trusts me, God,
the woman who sticks with God.
They’re like trees replanted in Eden,
putting down roots near the rivers-
Never a worry through the hottest of summers,
never dropping a leaf,
Serene and calm through droughts,
bearing fresh fruit every season.”


How cool would it be to be that second man…!

PS. Just to highlight my utter mankyness- since the ‘washing’ post I haven’t done anymore and have metre high piles of clothes… my wardrobe is almost empty now… so soon going to face a nervous breakdown trying to do this much in one go! Hehe! What a nightmare!

1 Comments:

Blogger D Baynham said...

Trusting in God is hard but it is what gives us the strength to carry on.

You could always do the male student thing of yurning all your clothes inside out and get a 2nd wear out of them, there should be enough to last you until you came here for Christmas then your Gran could do it all for you ;-)

I believe Aimee does that with all her clothes.

2:05 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home